Text messaging software for Schools | Redtie
Text messaging helps staff stay in touch with students, parents, and administration during a time of emergency. Hundreds of colleges, high schools, and other educational institutions nationwide are using texting service to send out mass, informative notifications.
How Text Messaging software for Schools Works?
Schools have a range of communication challenges––from attracting new students to engaging with existing ones and their families.
On top of this, students, parents, and staff are all busy. So it can be difficult to get important information in front of them.
- Set up an emergency text alert system
- Send information about financial aid programs
- Remind students or parents about closures, parent teacher meetings, and other events
- Set up a hotline where students or parents can ask questions
- Offer students and parents helpful resources
- And more!
Why Choose Text Messaging?
*Everyone receives texts.
*Over 90% of all text messages are opened within the first five minutes.
*The average American looks at their phone more than 150 times a day.
*At just pennies per text, it’s incredibly cost effective.
“Americans check their phone on average once every 12 minutes – burying their heads in their phones 80 times a day.“
It explains the 98% open rate of texts and the fact that 90% are read within three minutes. It’s why so many schools use a text message service to contact parents and students when there’s an emergency.
There are two ways text messaging software for schools works:
- To send one way updates, alerts, or information.
- To engage in two-way communication with their community.
If you want to start sending your community texts you’ll need a list of phone numbers. Once you’ve built a list of subscribers, you can now send them:
- Emergency notifications
- Important reminders
- Class cancellations
- School events
Texting is a popular modern communication method, that’s also affordable and easy to use. Everyone texts, and schools must take advantage of this popularity. If you text information to students, parents, and staff, you can rest assured they will read and engage. In an emergency situation, time is of the essence. Fire out an emergency alert in a matter of seconds. With mass text messaging for schools, you can prioritise the safety of the student body. Who doesn’t love a snow day? Send out mass closing and cancellation notifications via text message. This helps keep everyone in the know, and prevent any travel hazards.
If you’re only starting to research text messaging software for schools, here are some of the boxes you’ll want to tick when choosing one:
- A lot of text messaging platforms allow you to either text 1-on-1 with customers or send bulk texts. You want a platform like Redtie that will enable you to both. It gives you the flexibility to do everything from a single dashboard.
- Do you need to integrate with other platforms or send automated text messages? If so, you’ll want a service that offers multiple integrations.
- Schools need to be careful of services that limit the number of keywords and contacts they can have.
- Schools need a text messaging service that has a mobile app so that you don’t need to be in front of a computer to manage texts.
Use text messaging software for schools to keep students, parents, and administrative staff informed. Especially in a time of emergency, this instantaneous option could save lives. Firing out an email, or waiting on a phone tree to process, could take a situation from severe to deadly.
P.S. For the best text message platform, consider opting for ‘Redtie’ two-way text messaging software. Sign up for a free trial now and see how it can help you take your business to the next level.
Visit: www.getredtie.com Reach us now at +1 484–874–5535 or email to email@example.com