Redtie has implemented the required processes and procedures and is HIPAA compliant. Read the HIPAA Business Associate Agreement here. Sending attachments using Redtie like; using the notes function, attach and sending images, attach and send video and attach and send other documents.
Content sent in the SMS (text) field is not protected or encrypted and should not contain references to PHI or PII information. The content of the SMS (text) field is not protected under the terms of the Redtie Business Associate Agreement (BAA).
OBLIGATIONS AND ACTIVITIES OF BUSINESS ASSOCIATE
Redtie agrees to:
- Not use or disclose protected health information other than as permitted or required by the Agreement or as required by law;
- Use appropriate safeguards with respect to electronically protected health information, to prevent use or disclosure of protected health information other than as provided for by the Business Associate Agreement;
- Report to covered entity any use or disclosure of protected health information not provided for by the Business Associate Agreement of which it becomes aware, including breaches of unsecured protected health information;
- If applicable, ensure that any subcontractors that create, receive, maintain, or transmit protected health information on behalf of the business associate agree to the same restrictions, conditions, and requirements that apply to the business associate with respect to such information;
- Make available protected health information in a designated record set to either a “covered entity” or “individual as necessary to satisfy covered entity’s obligations.
- Maintain and make available the information required to provide an accounting of disclosures
- Make its internal practices, and records available to the Secretary for purposes of determining compliance with the HIPAA Rules.