Ten Digital Marketing Predictions For 2019
Here are some digital marketing predictions for the future of marketing in the year 2019.
- Digital, Digital, Digital. Audiences will want better and more personalized digital engagement,” says Apolinski. “The digital user experience will need to be more seamless with a stronger connection between digital assets.
- It’s A Scandal. “Digital content overload will mean reviewing and optimizing digital messaging to keep it authentic and relevant,” says Apolinski. “With ever-growing data scandals, like the most recent one involving Facebook, privacy settings will increase, reducing data collection on social and other digital channels.”
- A Higher Degree. “To stay ahead of digital marketing trends, marketers will add education to their professional development with a digital marketing certificate program like the one offered at the University of South Florida.”
- Marketing More Personal. “What’s the one thing you can’t outsource or delegate? Your physical presence, at least not yet,” says Newman. “Thus, marketing strategies like speaking, networking, relationship building and becoming a visible authority will become increasingly important as digital assets become commoditized. Entrepreneurs and executives who want to be positioned as thought leaders will speak at more industry events, present more conference keynotes, host educational seminars, and CEO roundtables, and find other ways to market their smarts to their customers and prospects live and in person.
- Human Marketing. “As a backlash to poor service, scandals, and even the current political environment, marketers will focus on treating customers more like human beings (than cash cows) in the new year and those that do will be rewarded by customers buying more and being more loyal.”